About Kickapoo Coffee Roasters
Since 2005, Kickapoo Coffee Roasters has worked to forge lasting, equitable partnerships with small-scale farmers. We work directly with growers and coffee cooperatives to ensure high standards for quality, sustainability and farmer compensation. Opening this spring, our Viroqua Café shares the same high standards and delivers inspired coffees and delicious foods featuring fresh, local and organic ingredients. Based in southwest Wisconsin’s beautiful Driftless region, Kickapoo Coffee seeks team members who share in our mission and values and are eager to join our growing, entrepreneurial-spirited, family-friendly work environment.
The Barista at Kickapoo Coffee Roasters’ Viroqua Cafe will be responsible for representing the company’s core values of farmer relationships, sustainability, and quality as well as creating an exemplary customer service experience.
- Provide excellent customer service and stellar coffee drink preparation
- Have a desire to learn and advance your skills as a barista
- Ability to work the espresso machine and other brew equipment
- Work well within a team
- Be punctual and tidy
Requirements and Desired Skills
- Ability to keep your head in a fast-paced environment
- Flexible schedule
- Passion for specialty coffee and the service industry
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Ability to lift 30 lbs.
- Previous Barista experience encouraged, but not required
- Passion for ethically sourced, organic, high quality coffee and food, and supporting farmer cooperatives
- Good sense of humor a must
Hours, Wage & Location
Full- and part-time positions available
Hourly wage plus tips
Please email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with position title "Barista" in the subject line.