Job Opening at Kickapoo Coffee Roasters
Cafe Sales & Education Manager
About Kickapoo Coffee Roasters
Since 2005, Kickapoo Coffee Roasters has worked to forge lasting, equitable partnerships with small-scale farmers. We work directly with growers and coffee cooperatives to ensure high standards for quality, sustainability and farmer compensation. Based in southwest Wisconsin’s beautiful Driftless region, Kickapoo Coffee seeks new team members who share in our mission and values and are eager to join in our growing, entrepreneurial-spirited, family-friendly work environment.
The Cafe Sales & Education Manager is responsible for developing and executing the strategic sales plan for cafes and restaurants. This position is also responsible for leading the customer education and training program and maintaining Kickapoo Coffee’s engagement with the specialty coffee industry, including the Barista Guild and the SCAA. This position is a member of the Marketing & Sales team and works in close collaboration with the coffee and production departments.
- Sell Kickapoo Coffee to cafes and restaurants in the upper midwest and beyond.
- Proactively develop sales strategy and execute sales plans.
- Collaborate with internal sales and marketing team to achieve sales objectives.
- Develop and maintain existing business and propose new business for key accounts.
- Prospecting and cold calls to new customers.
- Provide training to customers both in house and at their locations.
- Maintain relationships based on service, quality and commitment to the customer.
- Promote customer engagement in Kickapoo Coffee’s mission and giving programs.
- Oversee the equipment sales program, including sales, consultation and installation as needed.
- Manage and develop equipment vendor relationships.
- Review customer ordering histories to assist with managing quarterly sales goals.
- Update and maintain CRM database for potential and current cafe customers.
- Stay current with market research, attend trade shows and conduct regular travel to existing and developing customers.
- Active member of the customer service team.
- Provide sales input into development of new products and effective POS marketing materials.
Requirements & Desired Skills
- Sales experience in specialty coffee industry preferred.
- Strong experience with training and equipment placement desired.
- Excellent customer service.
- Ability to travel for sales calls, customer management and industry events.
- Stellar communication and time management skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office programs.
- Paid vacation + company holidays
- Retirement plan
- One free pound of coffee every week
Please email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with position title "Cafe Sales & Education Manager" in the subject line.