Roasting & Production Assistant
About Kickapoo Coffee Roasters
Since 2005, Kickapoo Coffee Roasters has worked to forge lasting, equitable partnerships with small-scale farmers. We work directly with growers and coffee cooperatives to ensure high standards for quality, sustainability and farmer compensation. Based in southwest Wisconsin’s beautiful Driftless region, Kickapoo Coffee seeks new team members who share in our mission and values and are eager to join in our growing, entrepreneurial-spirited, family-friendly work environment.
As a member of the both the production and roasting teams, this position floats between departments and fulfills a variety of responsibilities, assisting with all aspects of order fulfillment and roasting, including green bean handling, labeling & packaging, and shipping.
- Roast coffee following profiles and take samples as directed
- Communicate with production staff to ensure efficient and accurate packaging
- Blend coffees
- Assist with all aspects of order fulfillment
- Assist with roaster maintenance
- Maintain clean, well-organized workspace
- Load green coffee
- Participate in cuppings and quality control
Requirements & Desired Skills
- Willingness to work as a team member
- Ability to work with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to lift 30 lb. over head and load 150 bags in green room
- Willingness to adjust to a variety of tasks depending on daily needs
- Reliable and consistent
- Desire to better understand the roasting process
- Ability to self-direct and work independently and to work in a fast-paced environment
Please email cover letter and resume to email@example.com with
position title "Roasting & Production Assistant" in the subject line.