About Kickapoo Coffee Roasters
Since 2005, Kickapoo Coffee Roasters has worked to forge lasting, equitable partnerships with small-scale farmers. We work directly with growers and coffee cooperatives to ensure high standards for quality, sustainability and farmer compensation. Opening this spring, our Viroqua Café shares the same high standards and delivers inspired coffees and delicious foods featuring fresh, local and organic ingredients. Based in southwest Wisconsin’s beautiful Driftless region, Kickapoo Coffee seeks team members who share in our mission and values and are eager to join our growing, entrepreneurial-spirited, family-friendly work environment.
The Lead Barista at Kickapoo Coffee Roasters’ Viroqua Cafe will hold a central role in the success of the retail coffee program. As part of the leadership of the cafe, the lead barista will work closely with Kickapoo Coffee’s Education and Green Department to design and train staff and implement a dynamic specialty coffee program.
- Work closely with the cafe manager/co-owner to manage staff
- Provide excellent customer service and stellar coffee drink preparation
- Oversee all aspects of the retail coffee program
- Work with the Education department to train baristas to Kickapoo Coffee and the SCAs standards
- Partner with the Green Department to design a retail coffee program
- Ability to work the espresso machine and other brew equipment
- Perform some preventative maintenance duties on equipment throughout the year
- Ability to work bar shifts several times per week
- Exemplify the core values of Kickapoo Coffee Roasters including direct relationships, sustainability, and quality
Requirements and Desired Skills
- Ability to communicate clearly and promptly with staff and customers
- Previous experience as a barista, preferably in a role of leadership
- Passionate and dedicated to specialty coffee
- Desire to continually be challenged and grow as a coffee professional
- Interest in working with the Green Department to implement a successful retail coffee program
- Passion for ethically sourced, organic, high quality coffee and food, and supporting farmer cooperatives
- Good sense of humor a must
Hours, Wage & Location
Full-time, salaried position
Please email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with
position title "Lead Barista" in the subject line.