All Kitchen Positions at VRQ Cafe: Kitchen Lead, Cook, Prep Cook
All Kitchen Positions: Kitchen Lead, Cook, Prep Cook
About Wonderstate Coffee
Since 2005, Wonderstate Coffee has worked to forge lasting, equitable partnerships with small-scale farmers. We work directly with growers and coffee cooperatives to ensure high standards for quality, sustainability and farmer compensation. Our Viroqua Cafe shares the same high standards and delivers inspired coffees and delicious foods featuring fresh, local and organic ingredients. Based in southwest Wisconsin’s beautiful Driftless region, Wonderstate Coffee seeks team members who share in our mission and values and are eager to join our growing, entrepreneurial-spirited, family-friendly work environment.
These positions are responsible for creating high quality, delicious food for our customers. Although working within a set menu, the cook/s will bring creativity to the team, working with fresh, local and organic ingredients.
- Receive and execute food orders to order daily
- Prep, process, and manage all ingredients
- Deliver food to customers via the kitchen’s service window
- Keep the kitchen clean, organized and functioning
- Handle basic kitchen equipment, cooking-to-order and wielding a knife
- Recommend areas for improvement and efficiencies
- Other tasks as needed and assigned, sometimes beyond cooking duties
- Kitchen lead will also manage ordering, COGS, schedules, cleaning, and monitoring QC.
Requirements and Desired Skills
- Experience cooking desired, but not required. What is required is a love for food, a lot of self-motivation and patience.
- Reliable, efficient and quick in the kitchen
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Passion for ethically sourced, organic, high quality coffee and food and supporting farmer cooperatives
- Comfort with working independently, making judgment calls and reporting to kitchen lead for jobs and/or direction.
- Excellent organization, multitasking ability and efficiency
- Good sense of humor a must
Hours, Wage & Location
Full-time or part time, weekends required
Hourly wage, salary available for kitchen lead only
Please email cover letter and resume to email@example.com with
position title "Kitchen Position" in the subject line.
Wonderstate Coffee is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.