Baker at VRQ Cafe
About Kickapoo Coffee Roasters
Since 2005, Kickapoo Coffee Roasters has worked to forge lasting, equitable partnerships with small-scale farmers. We work directly with growers and coffee cooperatives to ensure high standards for quality, sustainability and farmer compensation. Our Viroqua Café shares the same high standards and delivers inspired coffees and delicious foods featuring fresh, local and organic ingredients. Based in southwest Wisconsin’s beautiful Driftless region, Kickapoo Coffee seeks team members who share in our mission and values and are eager to join our growing, entrepreneurial-spirited, family-friendly work environment.
This position is responsible for creating high quality, delicious baked goods for our customers. Although working within a set menu, the baker will bring creativity to the team, working with fresh, local and organic ingredients.
- Create fresh baked goods daily
- Keep the kitchen organized, clean and functioning
- Recommend areas for improvement and efficiencies
- Handle basic baking equipment
- Other tasks as needed and assigned, sometimes beyond cooking duties
Requirements and Desired Skills
- Experience baking desired, but not required. What is required is a love for baking, a lot of self-motivation and patience.
- Reliable, efficient and quick in the kitchen
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Passion for ethically sourced, organic, high quality coffee and food and supporting farmer cooperatives
- Comfort with working independently and making judgment calls
- Excellent organization, multitasking ability and efficiency
- Good sense of humor a must
Hours, Wage & Location
Full-time, weekends required
Please email cover letter and resume to email@example.com with
position title "Baker" in the subject line.