Minneapolis Field Representative
Field Representative & Sales Support
About Kickapoo Coffee Roasters
Since 2005, Kickapoo Coffee Roasters has worked to forge lasting, equitable partnerships with small-scale farmers. We work directly with growers and coffee cooperatives to ensure high standards for quality, sustainability and farmer compensation. Based in southwest Wisconsin’s beautiful Driftless region, Kickapoo Coffee seeks new team members who share in our mission and values and are eager to join in our growing, entrepreneurial-spirited, family-friendly work environment.
As a member of the Sales team, this position is a key ambassador for Kickapoo Coffee Roaster’s in the Minneapolis market. The Field Representative will serve as a liaison with customers and is responsible for executing demos, handling in-store merchandising and other customer support, marketing and sales activities. This position is a part-time position based in Minneapolis and reports to the Director of Sales and Business Development.
- Perform coffee demos at co-ops and grocery stores per Kickapoo Coffee’s demo standards;
- Manage coffee inventory on a weekly basis at key accounts, which includes counting and reporting inventory stock levels, restocking, verifying pricing and promotions;
- Share Kickapoo Coffee’s passion, vision and culture with customers and consumers;
- Regular interactions with assigned customer list, including execution of coffee sample program;
- Partner with Marketing & Sales team on key customer service goals to grow sales and retain/grow existing customers;
- Coordinate Minneapolis events calendar, and organize and attend events;
- Partner with the Minneapolis cafe to creatively leverage our brand presence within the market;
- Report back to the Marketing and Sales team in an efficient and timely manner in order to improve overall customer service efforts;
- Other marketing and sales support activities, as directed.
Requirements and desired skills
- Outstanding people skills and desire to engage people in the coffee experience;
- Excellent communication, time management and organization skills;
- Reliable and accountable while working independently with a flexible schedule;
- Previous experience with specialty coffee, organic foods and/or the cooperative and fair trade movements a plus;
- Previous experience in a grocery environment a plus.
- Ability to stand and perform demos for 3-hour shifts and light lifting of demo kits;
- Ability to drive to the roastery in Viroqua for quarterly staff meetings and other key meetings and trainings as required;
- Valid driver’s license and insured vehicle.