About Kickapoo Coffee Roasters
Since 2005, Kickapoo Coffee Roasters has worked to forge lasting, equitable partnerships with small-scale farmers. We work directly with growers and coffee cooperatives to ensure high standards for quality, sustainability and farmer compensation. Based in southwest Wisconsin’s beautiful Driftless region, Kickapoo Coffee seeks new team members who share in our mission and values and are eager to join in our growing, entrepreneurial-spirited, family-friendly work environment.
The Sales Manager is responsible for developing and executing the strategic sales plan for Kickapoo Coffee. This includes food co-ops/groceries, cafes, foodservice, distributors and other sales channels. This position is a member of the Marketing & Sales Team and works in close collaboration with all other departments to achieve sales goals.
- Sell bulk and packaged Kickapoo Coffee in the Upper Midwest and beyond.
- Proactively develop and manage sales strategy, goals and plans.
- Collaborate with internal sales, customer support and marketing team to achieve sales objectives.
- Partner with Field Representatives to execute plans and achieve in-market goals.
- Maintain relationships based on service, quality and commitment to the customer.
- Contact customers on a regular basis about merchandising, improvement of existing item placement, new product presentations, authorizations and placement, monthly promotional calendar and in-store demos and marketing events.
- Partner with Finance Team to develop annual sales forecasting and budget.
- Maintain and develop existing business in partnership with the Customer Support Manager.
- Conduct check-ins with key customers on a regular basis with support from Sales Representative.
- Update and maintain CRM for leads and current customers.
- Attend industry events and conduct regular travel to leads and existing customers.
- Give input into development of new products and effective in-store marketing materials.
Requirements and Desired Skills
- Minimum 2 years sales management experience in coffee and/or specialty food/beverage industry preferred.
- Working knowledge of supermarket retailers, grocery wholesalers, distributors and their processes desired.
- Proven sales record and ability to conduct extensive travel.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office programs.
- Stellar communication and people skills a must.
- Ability to operate with the big picture in mind while still holding the details when necessary.
- Team player with strong ability to act independently and be empowered.
- Paid vacation + company holidays
- Retirement plan
- One free pound of coffee every week
position title "Sales Manager" in the subject line.